Do you know how many hair you have on your head?
Most of us seem to be concerned about the beauty and strength of our hair. However, the interesting thing is that we lack basic information about it. For example, do you know how much hair is on your head? If not here are some details just for you.
A human head has an average of One Hundred Thousand to 150,000 hairs on its head. According to a study of 50 people published in PubMed, it found that there are between 800 and 1290 hairs on a square inch of the head.
You will also be surprised to know that the number of hairs on the head depends on the color of the hairs. The number of blonde is the highest at 150,000 while red is the lowest at 90,000. These can grow up to 6 inches in a year, that is, half an inch in a month.
- Male’s hair grows faster than Female’s.
- You lose 50 to 100 in a single day but it depends on care otherwise you can lose more.
- Hair color related to human heredity.
- 90% of the world’s people have black or brown
- Water can affect the properties
- Wet hair gains up to 18% in weight while it can grow up to 30% longer.
- Very few parts of the body do not have hair, notably the palms of the hands and the soles of the feet.
As you get older, your hair color is more likely to be white or gray, especially by the age of 30. In a decade, the chances increase by 10 to 20 percent.